Luckily, there clearly was a remedy: Marry in Denmark.Marrying a non-European in European countries

Luckily, there clearly was a remedy: Marry in Denmark.Marrying a non-European in European countries

Engaged and getting married in European countries may be a bureaucratic nightmare when you’re a couple that is international.

In a few countries in europe like Germany, engaged and getting married requires lots of documents and time, particularly if your spouse is certainly not A european resident. To provide an illustration: to get hitched in Berlin, you have to begin the application form procedure at the least 6 months before your desired date for your wedding. Moreover, marrying a non-European requires a trip towards the registry office, that may use up the complete time, in order to get everything necessary to begin the rather complicated application procedure.

For worldwide partners that do not need to undergo the bureaucratic battle and wait at the least 6 months to have hitched, there clearly was a easy solution: Denmark helps it be quite easy for worldwide couples from all over the planet and of any sex to have hitched.* Partners just require a few papers and will marry in just 3–4 days, which makes it the fastest nation to obtain hitched within the EU. Some pa > within three times.

While each Danish city hallway has their very own needs and laws, this gu >the demands when it comes to Copenhagen City Hall, where my American spouse and I also, a German resident, got hitched.

The applying procedure was quite simple and well explained on the site of this Copenhagen City Hall’s wedding workplace.

All we necessary to do had been:

    Transfer 850 DKK (Danish Krone,

Ђ115/$140) to your wedding office’s banking account (information listed in the “payment details” section regarding the internet site) and save yourself the evidence of re re payment as being a pdf.

  • Scan the primary pages of our passports.
  • Scan my fiancй’s German res >As A german citizen, rather than finding a certification of marital status, i possibly could instead get an enhanced enrollment certificate (“Erweiterte Meldebescheinigung”) at my city hallway, which listed most of the information needed in addition to my marital status.Continue reading